1. Street stall: Tomorrow Sat 13th will be dry so we will go ahead with the stall on Musselburgh High Street at 11am. We will continue with the weekly stalls, alternating between Musselburgh and Portobello High St until 18th Dec (Weather permitting, of course!) So Musselburgh 13th & 27th Nov, &11th Dec and Portobello 20th Nov, 4th & 18th Dec
2. March for Independence 27th Nov. There’s a march in Edinburgh organised by the Scottish Independence Movement on Sat 27th Nov starting at 1pm from Johnstone Terrace and marching to the Parliament, if any one fancies going along.
3. Foodbank Collection. We are collecting again for the Baptist Church foodbank in Musselburgh. They don’t have any specific requests this time and only want foodstuffs, not Christmas presents. Items can be handed in at any of our stalls up until 11th Dec. Or call Wilma on 07899828194 to arrange a drop off. Thanks everyone.
4. Autumn Raffle: Our current raffle will be drawn on 19th Nov so you still have time to get your tickets from Wilma on 07899828194 if you haven’t already done so to be in with a chance of some great prizes.
5. Social Night & Quiz: We have booked the back lounge at Staggs Bar (81 North High St, Musselburgh, behind Brunton Hall) for the evening of Weds 15th Dec from 7pm onwards for a wee social get together and quiz. The maximum number of people we can have is 30 so please contact Wilma on 07899828194 if you would like to book any places. First come first served. To help raise some funds there will be a £1 entrance fee and we’ll have a raffle too. Teams of 4 for the quiz, either bring your team or we can match you up with others when you arrive. There will be a small prize for the winning team members.
6. Believe in Scotland Finally, Gordon Mcintyre-Kemp of Believe in Scotland is trying to raise funds to help boost available funds for the independence campaign. We are obviously up against massive potential donors from the Unionist side so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated and put to good use. You can donate directly on his website at the following link:https://www.believeinscotland.org/flexible-donations/
or, as he is trying to get 10,000 people signed up to the Believe in Scotland Pledge, please consider pledging and also joining Believe in Scotland as a Stakeholder for £5 a month Here is the link for Pledging:https://www.believeinscotland.org/pledge/
Our next monthly meeting which is on the 29th Nov at 7.30pm, the last one of 2021.